College Bound Scholarship
What is the College Bound Scholarship?
The College Bound Scholarship is an early commitment of state financial aid to eligible students who enroll in middle school and meet the pledge requirements. The College Bound Scholarship covers average tuition (cost to attend college) at public college rates, some fees and a small book allowance at over 65 colleges, universities and technical schools in Washington.
Who is eligible?
Students who meet one of the following requirements are automatically enrolled in College Bound:
- If you are in public school and eligible for free-and-reduced price lunch in 7th, 8th or 9th grade, you are also eligible for College Bound.
- If you are in state foster care, or a dependent of the state between 7th grade and high school graduation.
- In order to receive the scholarship, your family will need to meet the income requirements (they change each year).
The College Bound Scholarship Pledge:
Each College Bound Scholarship applicant promises to:
- Graduate from a Washington State high school or home school with a cumulative 2.0 GPA or higher
- Apply to college
- Have no felony convictions
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA) as soon after October 1st as possible during your senior year of high school
How do you know if you are a College Bound student?
You will receive a College Bound certificate in the mail. If the state needs more information from you, they will reach out.
How will you receive the scholarship?
- Fulfill the scholarship pledge requirements (listed above) and meet state residency requirements (your college will explain this!)
- File the FAFSA or WASFA your senior year of high school (Ask your high school counselor about this!)
- Be accepted to and attend an eligible college – there are over 65! This includes public and private two-year and four-year colleges, technical colleges and private career schools. You must enroll within one year of graduating from high school. The CB Scholarship can help cover tuition, fees and a small book allowance for up to 8 semesters/12 quarters.
- Be in good standing at your college (pass your classes!)
Want more information?